How to Not Hate Working Out!
By Dr. Dave Steuer
Well, another Olympics has come and gone… How is it that watching those athletes can be both inspiring and disheartening at the same time?
You and I will likely never become Olympic athletes, but we can all work on our mental game to show up better and more motivated for our workouts.
Working out doesn’t have to be something you dread or something you do because you have to! Don’t get sucked into the mindset that you have to work out. Find a reason to love it!
Here are a few ideas:
· Find a super fun workout buddy
· Get outside
· Jam out to your favorite pump-up music
· Compete against yourself
· Choose activities you enjoy, like swimming, biking, or dancing
· Mix it up—try new things
· Watch your favorite show while you work out
· Relish the post-workout high
· Use an awesome workout app
I’m getting pumped to work out just from writing this! Working out can be super fun if you change your mindset. You're making more progress than you know, I promise. Keep building the strength you will need for tomorrow!
All the best,